Hello all! Today I would like to share about the causes of your I-Phone won’t charge. By the way, I am an I-Phone user and the problem of “won’t charge” is almost a common problem for all I-Phone users. We need to know the causes of this problem and through this article I would like to share my experience.
1) Check out the lightning cable
This is something that I do when my I-Phone doesn’t charge, I check the lightning cable and determine whether or not there is something wrong with it. You can check it by looking closer to the end part of USB port. I-Phone cable is easy to be fraying, if you find something wrong on the end part of your I-Phone’s USB cable, maybe it’s the time to buy the new one. If you’re not sure that the cause of uncharged I-Phone is a fraying USB cable, try to test it by connecting the cable and your I-Phone with computer. If the computer responds the I-Phone connection it means something doesn’t happen on your cable, but if the lightning cable has been plugged and there is no response, it means there is something wrong with the cable.
2) Don’t surrender, use your I-Phone warranty!
If you are so despaired with the uncharged I-Phone while you have checked everything, you can use your I-Phone’s warranty! But of course you need to ensure that the void has never been broken ok, or otherwise your warranty cannot be claimed.
3) Ensure that the source of charging is not in problem!
You may charge your I-Phone at home, car, office, and somewhere in certain place by using powerbank etc. My advice to you, please check the source of electricity, it can be true that your power socket has been broken.
4) Liquid damage
Maybe in certain occation you’re clumsy so that you let your I-Phone experiences a liquid damage. In certain condition the I-Phone is still working well but others maybe in problem and who knows, the charging port is impacted by the damage so that it won’t charging.
5) Last resort; set your I-Phone on DFU mode and restore
DFU mode is like setting your phone into factory reset. This is the last solution in case you don’t find any better solution. Hopefully, after you set it into DFU mode and restore, it will be good again.
How to set your I-Phone into DFU Mode:
- Plug your iPhone into your computer and open iTunes. It doesn’t matter if your iPhone is on or off.
- Press and hold the Sleep/Wake Button and Home Button at once for about 10 seconds.
- After at about 10 seconds, release the Sleep/Wake Button but continue to hold the Home Button until iTunes says “iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.”
- Let go of the Home Button. Your iPhone’s appearace will be completely black if you’ve successfully entered DFU mode.
- Restore your iPhone using iTunes.